You're a tech editor who is tired of waiting for clients to find you.
You dream of giving up the day job, but need more clients first.
You're frustrated that you have such a great service to offer but no one seems to know about it. You have a feeling that marketing yourself more is the answer, but it feels like the only way to do that is to turn into a sleazy salesman. I totally get it. You became a tech editor because you love spreadsheets and numbers, not so you could spend all your time promoting yourself on social media.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a marketing strategy that feels good to implement and gets you clients?
You fell in love with tech editing, now it's time to fall in love with marketing.
Your ability to build a thriving tech editing business is based on the size of your reputation (how many people know about you) and the quality of your reputation (how people talk about you.) The best way to grow both of those things is with a marketing plan. But I know it's hard to figure out exactly how to apply all that marketing information out there to the tech editing business specifically.
That's why I created The Tech Editor's Marketing Toolkit.
I've been building my tech editing business for seven years and have a solid reputation in the industry. I've worked with magazines, book publishers, yarn companies, and hundreds of indie designers. For the past four years I've been training tech editors and helping them get started with their businesses. I've come to realise that there are simple marketing principles that work to establish you as a reputable tech editor and very specific actions you can take to get your name out there. Now it's time for me to pass on all that knowledge to you.
The Tech Editor's Marketing Toolkit is a four week course that teaches you the marketing strategies you need so you can grow your reputation and start getting clients.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN EACH MODULE:
MODULE 1: IDENTIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND IDEAL CLIENTS
- Figure out what makes you stand out from all the other tech editors out there.
- Create an image of your ideal client so you can create a marketing message that makes them know "yes, this is the tech editor for me."
- Learn the importance of turning down work and how to do it in a way that will actually help build your reputation.
MODULE 2: SET UP YOUR WEBSITE AND NEWSLETTER LIST
- We'll discuss the importance of having a website and blog, as well as a couple of easy options for creating your site.
- Learn about newsletters, why you should have one and what content you might put in it.
- Brainstorm opt-in ideas to encourage your ideal client to sign up for your list.
- Tech training on using Mailchimp and Convert Kit and how to set-up your opt-in in both.
MODULE 3: GROWING THE SIZE OF YOUR REPUTATION
- Learn which social media platforms that I think work best for tech editors.
- Discover my exact strategies for each platform and how you can implement them in just 5-10 minutes a day.
MODULE 4: IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF YOUR REPUTATION
- Discover how to establish yourself as an expert in the field.
- Create guidelines for customer care to make sure every interaction with a client is as positive as possible.
- Make a plan for handling mistakes, because they are definitely going to happen!
I want you to be extraordinarily happy with The Tech Editor's Marketing Toolkit which is why I have a 30 day money back guarantee.
I can't promise that you'll start getting clients in 30 days, but I do know that what I teach you is going to make a big difference if you actually implement it. So if after 30 days you're not convinced that I've helped you, just show me that you've done the work and I'll gladly refund you.